“Surgery impressed me from the very beginning of the career
- Scientific advisor to Straumann in Europe, the world’s leading manufacturer of dental implants. dental implants in the world. Years 2014 – Present.
- Vice-Dean of Research of the Faculty of Dentistry (UIC). Years 2019 – Present.
- Director and professor of the Master’s Degree in Oral Surgery and professor of the Degree in Dentistry at the Universitat Internacional de Catalunya (UIC). Years 2013 – Present.
- Academic Vice-Dean of the Faculty of Dentistry (UIC). Years 2016 – 2019.
- D. in Dentistry (University of Murcia). Year 2012.
- Professor of the Master’s Degree in Oral Surgery and Implantology at the University of Barcelona. Years 2001 – 2011.
- Associate Professor of Oral Surgery at the University of Barcelona. Years 2001 – 2008.
- Master in Oral Surgery and Implantology (UB). Years 1996 – 1999.
- Degree in Dentistry from the University of Barcelona (UB). Years 1991 – 1996.
I am Dr. Marta Satorres and I am a specialist in dental surgery at Clínica Puyuelo in Barcelona.
Surgery impressed me from the beginning of my career because it is a very medical specialty, in which we perform major treatments and with which we can greatly improve the quality of life of patients. Surgery requires a more holistic view of the patient, more associated with the patient’s general health.
I remember that I had been coming to the Puyuelo Clinic since 1994 and Dr. Puyuelo had already been trained in the world of implantology (of which he was a pioneer), which was just beginning at that time.
I was a patient of this clinic since I was 16 years old and I started collaborating with the team in 1993. From that moment on I became very involved with surgery. When I finished my degree I took a master’s degree in implant dentistry and, subsequently, I completed my doctoral thesis on implant surfaces.
For many years Dr. Puyuelo and I, hand in hand, formed a great surgical team in which we evolved and incorporated all the changes that have occurred in dental implantology throughout this time.
In these 20 years of evolution, I have continued to train as a professional and I have also been dedicated to teaching, teaching future surgeons for more than 15 years.
Currently, I am still involved with the university in teaching functions, as associate professor of the international master of oral & maxillofacial surgery at the Universitat Internacional de Catalunya (UIC), as professor of the degree in dentistry and also as Academic Vice-Dean of the Faculty of Dentistry.